Grads and faculty advisors : please take note that the PGSG’s annual student travel award competition deadline is 15 December this year!
POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD
Description: The Political Geography Specialty Group (PGSG) student travel awards will be given to support graduate student travel to present a paper on a political geography topic at the PGSG pre-conference and/or the AAG annual meeting. This competition is open to all MA/MS/PhD students and up to ten (10) awards of $200.00 will be given each year.
Guidelines are as follows:
1. The competition is open to all MA/MS/PhD students who are currently enrolled in a Geography degree program and are registered to attend the PGSG pre-conference and/or the AAG annual meeting.
2. Students should submit electronic copies of the following documents to the PGSG Student Travel Award Committee Chair (see contact) by 15 December 2014: a) their paper title and abstract; b) confirmation of conference registration; c) a brief cover letter stating where they are enrolled, what degree they are pursing, whether they are a member of the PGSG, and the details for any other travel funds they have been awarded.
3. Entries must be on a topic in political geography. The PGSG student travel award committee will prioritize applications based on these criteria: a) PGSG student members will be given preference; b) students with no funding or less funding will be given preference; c) students participating in the PGSG pre-conference will be given preference; d) the potential contribution of the student’s presented research to the field of political geography will be considered.
4. Award winners will be notified no later than 15 January 2015.
5. All monetary prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Student Travel Award Committee. If fewer than ten acceptable entries are made the committee can decide to give less than ten awards in any given year.
6. Any questions pertaining to eligibility will be resolved by the Student Travel Award Committee.
Student Travel Award Committee:
Katrinka Somdahl-Sands (Chair), Rowan University, email@example.com
Kara Dempsey, DePaul University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Sorrensen, Texas Tech University, email@example.com